The official download page can be found on my github page. You can also download XPlus here. It is recommended you donwload the minified version named XPlus.min.bas, as the file size will be smaller then downloading XPlus, and it includes all the same functionality. XPlus.min.bas removes excess comments and syntax features from the source code that don't actually affect the functioning of the code. However, the unminified version can be downloaded as well, for example if you wanted to modify the source code. There is also and Excel-addin version that can be downloaded as well. Finally, you can download prior versions of XPlus from the official github page.
There are 2 methods of installation depending on your usage of XPlus:
Installation at the Individual Workbook level
XPlus can be installed on a workbook by workbook basis. If you ever need the send someone and Excel file who doesn't have XPlus installed, you should install XPlus directly into the workbook using this method. This will ensure that the other person you are sending the file to will be able to use the functions. Installation at the workbook level has the following steps:
Note: Instead of importing the file in this method, you can also just paste the source code into a Module as well if you would prefer not to download a file.
- Download XPlus.min.bas
- Open up the Excel workbook you want to include XPlus in
- Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA Editors
- At the top of the window, click File -> Import
- Choose XPlus.min.bas as the file imported
- Save the file as an .xlsm file format, as this format includes VBA code. If you save it as .xlsx, the VBA code will be removed from the workbook.
Installation at the Excel level
XPlus can also be installed at the Excel level by installing it as an add-in. This method of installation can be used to save time by not requiring an installation on every workbook, but if you want to incorporate XPlus into an individual workbook and send it to someone else, you will still need to install it individually into the workbook. Installation at the Excel level has the following steps:
- Download XPlus.xlam
- Open Excel and if you don't have the Developer tab enabled, click File -> Options -> Customize Ribon, and on the Main Tabs section, check the Developer Tab on.
- On the Add-In manager section of the Developer Tab, click Excel Add-ins -> Browse, and then click the Xplus.xlam Add-in to import it